Greenwood's first Splash Pad. With a fully accessible playground, walking trails, and shade structures, Sertoma Club of Greenwood is one of the Founding Partners for the new City Center Park at 415 Lincoln Street. SCOG was able to contribute a donation of $20,000, which is the largest donation the Sertoma Club of Greenwood has ever given – all from WAMM Fest proceeds. Below is a photo of the groundbreaking for the City Center Park which took place on June 4, 2013.
WAMMfest Is a charitable event showcasing the artistic, cultural and entertainment opportunities available within our community, hosted and facilitated by Sertoma Club of Greenwood volunteers. All net proceeds from this event are distributed back to the community to support our youth, individuals and community organizations.
The Sertoma Club of Greenwood had the privilege of donating 34 Thanksgiving baskets in 2014 to families with children in Greenwood Community Schools. Members donated all items including stuffing, corn, green beans, noodles, broth, gravy, sweet potatoes and marshmallows and the Club purchased rolls, whipped cream, roasting pans, and turkeys. Sam’s Club donated pumpkin pies.
Likewise, Club members purchased and wrapped Christmas gifts for children in Greenwood Community Schools. We provided gifts to 16 families – 34 children. The gifts included a shirt, pants, pajamas, winter coat, and a toy or hobby as requested on each child’s application.
P.O. Box 286
225 S. Emerson Ave., Suite 181
Greenwood, IN 46142
Phone: 317 224-9513
PROCEEDS FROM THE 2017 WAMMFEST WERE MADE TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Greenwood Parks & Recreation
• Greenwood Police Department
• Greenwood Fire Department
• Inter-church Food Pantry
• Hear Indiana - Talk Walk Run & Camp
• GFF Fire Dash and Run
• Girls Inc. of Johnson County
• Freedom Essay Winners
• David Wolf Run (Cancer Research)
• Southside Special Services of Marion County
• Habitat for Humanity of Johnson County
• Youth Connections - Breakfast of Champions
• High School Scholarships
• Friends Forever Golf Sponsorship
• YMCA Summer Camp
• Johnson County Community Foundation
• Boy Scout Troops #183 and #266
• Sertoma Club of Morgan County
• Friends of Greenwood Public Library
• Remember the Children
• White River Township Fire Department
• CASA Christmas Celebration
• Be Your Own Hero
• Camp Sertoma Foundation